Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A wall?

Already - I cannot be hitting the wall, can I? It's only been a week. So I shall write about the Undaily News. The Undaily News was a play on the the title of my hometown newspaper, The Norfolk Daily News. It was composed by my friend Alexis and me on a rather unregular basis, and then distributed to friends who lived outside the immediate vicinity. It consisted of brief updates on what we were up to, amusing (to us) anecdotes, and random nonsense. We did it in an effort to keep in touch with a large number of people and entertain them a bit at the same time. I think that we probably found the Undaily more intriguing than any of our "subscribers". It was, in a primitive, pre-internet way, a blog. More than a journal, open to others, but primarily for our benefit. A good way to waste an afternoon, playing with text and words and fonts and formatting.
I hadn't thought about the Undaily in a long time, but in a lot of ways, it was a precursor to this type of endeavor. I talk to Alexis about twice a year, we live thousands of miles apart. I don't know for sure, but I'd bet that somewhere out there, she has a blog too.

**I just ran a spell check and had to have blogger learn the word "blog". It wanted to replace it with "bloc". Ironic, no?**

No comments: