Friday, November 24, 2006

Round Two

And so begins the second round of Thanksgiving festivities. We are heading to an aunt and uncle's farm to see some family on my Mom's side. It is a fantastic day weatherwise, so we will be able to spend some time outdoors. I know it will be at least 11 people, plus the 7-9 we will bring, in a very small house. I am counting on the outdoors to save me.
Included in the crowd will be "the uncle who hugs too tight, for too long". Doesn't everyone have one of these in their family? The relative with no boundaries or sense of one's personal space. Thankfully mine lives on the other side of the country, so there aren't too many encounters.
We are heading for home sweet home tomorrow. It's been great to see everyone, but I know that by the time we leave I will be desperate to be home.

No comments: