Tuesday, November 21, 2006

O Give Thanks

Thanksgiving, our nation's most glossed-over holiday. We are heading to my parents for the big day, so I need to start packing now. Diapers and wipes (all cloth, I've got a sensitive Little Whompers), clothes, swimmingsuits and floaties (hotel pool!), snacks and entertainment (no car DVD for us yet), the yet-unmade holiday gifts to work on in the car (Mini oven mits and kitchen linens for Big Whompers and her friends)...it goes on and on and on. Oh, and the turkey. Awhile back I got an email from the farmer who managed our CSA, offering free-range organic turkeys for sale. They sounded like a good idea at the time. Now I have a turkey that weighs more than Little Whompers waiting in the fridge to make a 6+ hour car ride. Truly I must be crazy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a good holiday and enjoy the turkey..