Thursday, November 05, 2009

NaBloPoMo 5

At three o'clock this morning I rolled over and thought "wow, that is a really acidic taste in my mouth, almost like vomit" which turned out to be an awful premonition; I was immediately pulled into full consciousness by the sound of Ella violently puking in the next room. Tom got up with her, as the baby immediately woke and demanded to nurse. Ella then threw up every half hour until around 9 am, when it stretched out to every hour...now we are going in 2-3 hour stretches. The poor thing slammed her finger in the car door last night, so it is purple and swollen and potentially broken. The past 24 hours have really sucked for her.
Käthe woke up with a fever, and has a slight cough, but has not slowed her pace and is bouncing off the walls. She is currently wearing a duck costume (hooded top and fuzzy orange duck feet) that I bought for 75% off at Target yesterday. Post-Halloween sales are great for the dress-up wardrobe.
The baby seems okay for now but I am waiting for the other shoe to drop and see who gets sick next. Winter, I've had enough of you and your frequent illnesses, and it's only the 5th of November.

No comments: