Monday, November 02, 2009

NaBloPoMo 2

The baby has been sleeping for 20 minutes, which feels like an eternity and means that I have about 15 minutes before she wakes up screaming. I have vague recollections of what it was like to have a kid who slept for 2 whole hours in the afternoon, but I try not to think about it too much, because it gets depressing. Thea does still take a nap in the mornings, usually...30 minutes tops. It tends to make my days feel like an exercise in futility.
Five people make an incredible mess without even trying. So far today I have unloaded, reloaded and ran the dishwasher - it will get run at least one more time toady, if not two. I have washed two loads of laundry and a load of diapers, none of which can be put away while the baby is sleeping, as my closet backs up to her bedroom wall. There are a couple of loads from the weekend to put away, and at least three more waiting to be washed. I have almost all of the girls clothes put away, but I don't actually have enough hangers to get the job done. I have swept the kitchen floor, but it is covered in playdough, dry rice, and the remnants of lunch. And though I really love my sewing table I am getting tired of looking at it but not actually using it. Fortunately I have most of the teachers' gifts cut and ready to sew, so I need to sit down and just get. it. done. But since anything other than sitting quietly will interrupt the princess's sleep, I am sitting here blogging instead, hoping that the clatter of the keys doesn't carry too far.


Crazy Little Indian


Happy Little Bat

No comments: