Sunday, November 15, 2009

NaBloPoMo 15

Thanksgiving #1 complete. I am not in charge of the next one, so my holiday hostessing duties are finished for awhile. We may end hosting my parents for Christmas...Thea has an incredibly terrible track record for car travel. Lots of screaming - it is really awful. About an hour and a half seems to be her limit. It is 5-6 hours to my parents house if you have no children, 7-8 if you have good travelers. Driving in the middle of winter, with really no place to stop, is a recipe for two incredibly long days of travel. (Even a mall is good enough, to let them out and walk around...but between Des Moines and Norfolk the route doesn't even afford that.) I am hoping that perhaps the family will come to us this year, though I haven't been "home" since July 2008.
Ella and Tom are off to the annual Girl Scout rollerskating event; last year was Ella's first time on skates. I am curious to see if there is any improvement from last year:

1 comment:

Angela said...

There is supposed to be a video...I'm working on it!