Tuesday, November 03, 2009

NaBloPoMo 3

Today has been incredibly full - I cannot believe how much time I spend each day just driving around. My morning went preschool-post office-grocery store-gas station-home-Wal-Mart (Turkey, $0.40/lb)-preschool again-home. The turkeys were an unplanned bonus, as I am cooking the Thanksgiving dinner for my church and need ~70 lbs of turkey. I got 44 lbs today (limit 2) and will likely send Tom back for 1-2 more this afternoon.
I am trying to block out how much work the dinner is going to be. I plan to cook the turkey ahead of time and reheat in the large electric roaster. Sweet potatoes, dressing, green bean casserole and cranberry sauce will all be prep'd on Saturday - those that need baking will be put into the oven before church on Sunday.
I managed to get dinner in the crock pot while Kate was at preschool, and while Thea is napping I am off to render lard. I have been kind of avoiding the whole lard business, but I needed the fat out of the freezer to make room for the turkeys. Wish me luck, as I'd really rather not burn down the house!

No comments: