Thursday, November 20, 2008

Not my best NaBloPoMo...

but not my worst either. Last year I was out by the 6th, I think, and didn't post again until this November. But last night I dozed off and when I woke and thought...oh crap, my post, well - it was 1:30 am and the day was over. But I am going to cut myself a little slack...I have an 18 day old baby here that I am trying to integrate into a family and house that are quite full already. So far, things are going well. Aside from the sickness that plagued Ella and Käthe during Thea's first days, everyone is doing fine.
As I approached (and achieved) 42 weeks of pregnancy, Ehemann was joking with our neighbors, whose baby was due January 5th. "Ours is just waiting for yours" he said. Unfortunately, their baby boy was born just 10 days after Thea, at 32 weeks gestation, weighing in at 3lbs, 11 oz. They did have time for steroids to help his lungs mature, and he is breathing on his own, but still...to watch them come home from the hospital each evening, without their baby, is heartbreaking. So as Thanksgiving approaches I am again reminded of how much I have to be thankful for, and I lift up a prayer for those who are struggling.

No comments: