Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Doula

This was the first birth that I had a doula in attendance, and it was wonderful. Perhaps it is my midwestern upbringing, but I just couldn't believe her willingness to help me labor - massage, accupressure, suggestions for position changes...this was my longest labor, and my second unmedicated labor. There is no way I could have made it through without her. Having her there allowed my husband to rest through the night and be there when I needed him; she was able to offer him suggestions to help me, which I know he appreciated. When I went all the way to 42 weeks pregnant she went above and beyond - coming out to my house for accupressure and massage, emailing me suggestions for optimal positioning and getting labor started. I will definitely be recommending her to others.

No comments: