Thursday, November 18, 2010

It's no secret that I'm a fan of the Concordian Sisters, though in my household we haven't all quite come to the same conclusion regarding family size I personally find their side of the argument the more convincing one.  (Children are a blessing, one does not decline God's blessings, although this is not the same as the most questionable Quiverfull movement that advocates having as many children as possible.)
I thought of them when I read this article regarding how divorce is skyrocketing in China; marital troubles seem to be excessively prevalent in the " '80's Generation" of government mandated single children.  Having never had to live with anyone remotely their own age they find it impossible to live in a household that does not cater to or revolve solely around them.  Yet another argument for a larger family size (God willing, of course!)

No comments: