Monday, May 04, 2009

Not Me! Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

A few things that I didn't do this past week:
I did not pack up my sleeping kids (one sick, one exhausted, one napping) at 6:00 on Saturday evening, put them all (still sleeping) in various strollers and carts, and push them around the home improvement store. And if I had, I would not have considered it the closest thing to a date Ehemann and I have had in months (conversation! without! constant! interruption!).
I did not spend a great deal of time upholstering new cushions for my glider and ottoman in my living room, sewing on this tiny Ikea table:
Because my kitchen table was covered in various other things - clean laundry, groceries that needed to be put away, various sewing accoutrement, etc.
I did not make my husband strangely happy by making strawberry jam and buying him laundry detergent with scent (because I wash everything in unscented detergent). That would just be weird.
And I refuse to acknowledge that this beautiful baby girl turned six months old on Friday, and is rearing to be on the go: Check out that plank pose - forward locomotion is just a few days away.
And I would be lying if I said I was not inordinately proud of making my uncomfortable ugly rocker into this much more attractive and non-rear-end-numbing specimen:

No comments: